Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
简介Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group ...
Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group's first anniversary with an apology.
Keena penned a hand-written letter to fans Saturday, a year on from the group's debut.
"I'm cautious as to how to start this since I'm addressing my fans, Hunnies, for the first time in a while, but I'm plucking up my courage to speak on my honest thoughts," Keena began her letter.
"First of all, I'm sorry to Hunnies who have gone through a hard time due to my indiscreet actions and I am thankful to them for enduring through this indefinite period for me," she wrote.
Keena, along with her three bandmates of Fifty Fifty, had begun a legal battle against the group's agency, Attrakt, in June, requesting an injunction to terminate their exclusive contracts. The Seoul court rejected their request in August and the four members appealed. Attrakt in October terminated the contracts with Saena, Sio and Aran, but not with Keena, who withdrew her appeal at the last moment.
"I've learnt, experienced and matured a lot in the past year. It was my memories with Hunnies that have pulled me up every moment," she continued in the letter, adding, "I promise to make you guys happy again as Keena of Fifty Fifty with good performances and music."
Debuting under Attrakt, Fifty Fifty gained enormous popularity with its mega-hit single, "Cupid." With the song, the quartet became the fastest K-pop group to make it onto Billboard's Hot 100 song chart, and "Cupid" went on to become the longest-charting song on the US singles chart and the British Official Single Chart.
Keena is set to attend the Billboard Music Awards ceremony at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday.
Fifty Fifty has been nominated for the top duo/group and top global K-pop song award categories of the annual music event.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government on Sunday announced it would launch autonomous overnight buses for ...
The agriculture ministry said Tuesday it will run a five-month special disinfection period to implem ...
South Korean retail giant and the nation's fifth-largest conglomerate Lotte Group is reportedly ...
Itzy to drop new album, go on second world tour
[Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
Uzbekistan, Korea boost customs cooperation
Rival parties call for measures after China halts urea exports
[Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
- S.Korea's largest
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- 尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- Korean doctors see income surge amid intensifying physician shortage
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- Some 8,000 homes to relocate as Seoul's Hannam neighborhood undergoes redevelopment
- Posco faces first
- Exports of passenger cars up 16 pct in Q3 on eco
- [Subway Stories] Traditional medicine's healing legacy lives on at Jegi
- Plush bag charms in high demand among young Korean women
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- Korea Investment & Securities joins hands with Carlyle
- Retail sales up 9.5 pct in Sept. on strong online demand
- Culture minister vows greater scrutiny over arts funding
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
- [Herald Review] Up
- [Exclusive] South Korean lawmakers to join international alliance taking on China
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- [News Analysis] Could Kakao’s M&A strategy be its own undoing?
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’