Opposition party leader ends 24
简介Opposition leader Lee Jae-myung, who has been on a hunger strike in protest against what he called a ...
Opposition leader Lee Jae-myung, who has been on a hunger strike in protest against what he called a slew of the Yoon government's policy failures, ended his fasting after more than three weeks, a party official said Saturday.
"Chairman Lee will end the hunger strike on its 24th day and begin treatment for recovery," Kang Sun-woo, a spokesperson for the main opposition Democratic Party, said in a briefing.
"The medical team treating Lee strongly called for Lee to call off the hunger strike as continuing it would have severely hurt his health," Kang said, adding that Lee is willing to carry out his work schedule in consultation with the medical staff.
On Thursday, the National Assembly voted to endorse the motion to lift Lee's immunity to arrest, reflecting a growing division among DP lawmakers, particularly those not aligned with Lee, in anticipation of next year's general elections.
A senior party official has said Lee will not step down as party leader. (Yonhap)
JAKARTA, Indonesia -- The partnership between South Korea and Indonesia has grown stronger over the ...
The Venezuelan Embassy in Seoul held a press briefing in Seoul last week on the current government ...
이재명 더불어민주당 대표가 1일 서울 여의도 국회에서 열린 최고위원회의에 참석해 발언하고 있다. 김성룡 기자더불어민주당 이재명 대표는 4일 간병비 급여화 정책과 관련해 “민주당이 ...
- Korean War veteran’s daughter named veterans affairs minister
- Province office raided in probe into wife of opposition leader
- [Hello Hangeul] Inside the Korean language classroom in Madrid
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- P1Harmony expands reach in US with iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Korean Studies gaining traction at Complutense University of Madrid
Buddhists, political leaders bid farewell to late Ven. Jaseung
Seoul shares open lower on US losses
Ocean specialist tapped as maritime affairs minister
Daewoo E&C seeks to join Indonesia's capital relocation
Yoon’s chief economist tapped as finance minister
Province office raided in probe into wife of opposition leader
- Korea, UK to adopt Downing Street Accord to elevate ties: presidential office
- 김영진, 원희룡 인천 계양을 출마설에 “이재명과 맞대결 환영”
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- BTS’ V, actor Yoo Seung
- S. Korean literary giant Jo Jung
- 6·25 따발총, 구식 불새
- 김기현 “한동훈 자질, 대한민국 위해 잘 발휘될 수 있게 할 것”
- 'Dancing woman' on Seoul street arrested for meth use
- Seoul shares end up on tech gains ahead of Nvidia results
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- "I am..." meme latest to go viral in bizarre saga surrounding fencing star
- Hana Bank to offer W100b in support for small business owners
- Gimjang tours make kimchi
- Arrest warrant issued for ex
- [Herald Review] ‘Iron Mask,’ a rare kendo film filled with wordless yet powerful scenes
- Blinken redoubles calls for humanitarian pause in Israel
- [Today’s K
- Samsung files complaint in US against BOE for allegedly leaking trade secrets
- N. Korea diversifying cybercrimes amid drop in value of cryptocurrency: report
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- RCO to come to Seoul with maestro Fabio Luisi and pianist Yefim Bronfman
- FM makes final pitch for World Expo 2030 in France
- LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
- [New in Korean] 'The path to happiness is forgiveness,' says Korea's first million
- 8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
- Over 84% of cattle got vaccines against lumpy skin disease
- N. Korea vows military action after US missile test
- More chat with parents, greater chance of studying medicine, education
- Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul