Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
简介Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earn ...
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
Day laborers and low-income earners in South Korea feel that they have a high chance of dying alone ...
한·미 국방장관이 13일 북한의 핵과 대량살상무기(WMD) 위협에 대응해 10년 만에 확장억제 실행력을 담은 전략문서를 개정했다. 또 대북 확장억제 노력 향상과 제3국 견제가 담긴 ...
The National Orchestra of Korea, a traditional Korean music orchestra under the National Theater of ...
- 'Single’s Inferno Season 3' returns with no
- Ruling party reform committee under pressure to disband
- Redbreast 15 Year Old whiskey debuts in Korea
- Seoul Metropolitan Traditional Orchestra meets electronic beats
- [Herald Review] Munich Philharmonic sets milestones with Lim Yun
- [From the Scene] Building 100
National Theater of Korea's 50th year to close with 'Song of King Sejong'
BTS company Hybe heading to Latin America
홍익표, 조국 총선 출마설에 “조만간 뵙고 말씀 들을 것”
LG Twins crowned champions for 1st time since 1994 as S. Korean baseball season ends
North Korea threatens consequences after South Korea launches 1st spy satellite
LG companies hint at grand promotions to celebrate Twins' big win
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- [Herald Interview] Latvia hopes to boost economic, cultural ties with Korea
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- Enigmatic artist David Rappeneau's first Asia show taking place at Gladstone Gallery
- Yoon says China would not benefit from trilateral cooperation with Russia, N. Korea
- N. Korea notifies Japan of plan to launch satellite between Wednesday and Dec. 1: report
- [From the scene] Nakwon
- Fire breaks out at SK On's plant during pilot run in China
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- Outpaced by Coupang, Shinsegae carries out major leadership reshuffle
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas