Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
简介Hyundai Engineering on Thursday secured an order from US energy firm GTL Americas to build a plant i ...
Hyundai Engineering on Thursday secured an order from US energy firm GTL Americas to build a plant in the US that will turn natural gas into high-grade diesel, naphtha and jet fuel.
Under the project, the gas-to-liquid or GTL facility will be established near the city of Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas, to generate some 41,000 barrels of fuel per day, including synthetic diesel or high cetane synthetic fuel, and paraffinic synthetic naphtha.
The GTL procedure is a high-tech process that goes beyond the simple refining of natural gas, as it transforms it into high-value petroleum products used across various industries.
Fuels obtained using GTL technology are considered more environmentally friendly as their combustion emits less carbon dioxide compared to burning conventional fossil fuels such as coal.
Hyundai's American unit will work together with GTL Americas and Houston-based S&B Engineers and Constructors to design and plan the facility.
Construction is set to begin before late 2025 and will be completed in 2029.
The signing ceremony was held in Jefferson County on Wednesday, with top executives including the Hyundai Engineering CEO Hong Hyeon-sung and GTL Americas President Leon Codron in attendance.
Additionally, Hyundai will share detailed cost breakdowns for the building of the facility with GTL Americas, an open book cost estimate method.
After the final investment decision by GTL Americas, Hyundai further aims to secure the main engineering, procurement and construction contract.
Currently, GTL Americas is known to be planning the construction of additional GTL facilities in the next few years. Hyundai aims to secure an edge in winning future GTL projects by leveraging the successful execution of this project as a stepping stone.
“With increasing global interest in carbon neutrality, we will build on our technical expertise and extensive experiences to further expand our business into the field of renewable energy, such as building a hydrogen plant," stated an official from Hyundai Engineering.
Hanwha Aerospace said Monday it has signed a $2.6 billion contract (3.45 trillion won) to ship 152 K ...
Celltrion Healthcare, Celltrion's distribution unit, said Monday it has signed a deal with US s ...
Controversy has arisen over whether visiting Seoul's popular nightlife district Itaewon to cele ...
Seoul Art Center highlights next
Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
Buddhists, political leaders bid farewell to late Ven. Jaseung
Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- STX, Triple
- On verge of closing, rural school tries to lure students with financial benefits
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- Subway car seats to be removed in two subway cars for more space: Seoul Metro
- STX, Triple
- Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- [Today’s K
- 北 오죽 돈 없으면…유럽서도 방 뺀다, 주스페인 대사관 폐쇄
- 尹대통령, 이동관 방통위원장 사의 수용했다…"면직안 재가"
- NewJeans, Seventeen, BTS win top honors at 2023 MAMA Awards
- Former divas return as Golden Girls
- Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate pause hopes
- [Global Finance Awards] Shinhan chief makes big ESG push
- [New in Korean] Tribute to mothers, daughters in 'Passing Through Winter'
- National Orchestra of Korea's 'Winter Concert' to bring harmony of tradition, musicals
- BM of Kard to return solo with single ‘Lowkey’ this month
- 이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- ASEAN filmmakers' works to be screened in Busan
- Ateez closes 1st chapter of career with 'The World Ep. Fin: Will’
- CHA to expand assistance for buried cultural heritage excavation
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- [Herald Interview] Samyang CEO envisions elevating K
- A decade of YouTube and Korea in the World of Dave
- 북·러 또 무기거래? "나진항에 석달새 대형선박 18척 드나들어”
- Consumption slows down amid high rates, inflation
- [Hello Indonesia] Cultural tapestry woven at 'Korea
- 군사합의 효력 정지 책임 넘긴 北 "한반도 전쟁은 시점 문제"