Zepeto metaverse plans to support Apple Vision Pro
简介BUSAN -- Naver Z, the metaverse subsidiary of South Korean internet giant Naver, is planning a versi ...
BUSAN -- Naver Z, the metaverse subsidiary of South Korean internet giant Naver, is planning a version of Zepeto for Apple's first wearable headset device, embracing the US tech behemoth's concept of spatial computing.
“We are preparing to showcase something special with the launch of Apple's Vision Pro device early next year," Lee Seung-won, Nazer Z's developer relations director told The Korea Herald during a marketing talk at G-Star Game Conference 2023, part of the G-Star gaming exhibition held last week in Busan.
This development could be a major leap for Zepeto, already a leader in the 3D avatar social gaming and interaction sphere, as it ventures beyond its current success, which does not depend on virtual reality technology as of yet. Lee highlighted that Zepeto's vibrant growth and self-sufficiency position Zepeto advantageously for the transition to spatial computing.
"Yes, I know, the term spatial computing wasn’t much in our vocabulary before the announcement of Apple Vision Pro this June," he said.
Apple introduced the headset as a spatial computing device that blends digital content with the physical world, creating a canvas for apps that can be controlled by eye, hand and voice input.
Distinguished as a successful example of the much-discussed concept of the metaverse alongside platforms like Roblox, Zepeto has not strictly defined itself within the confines of a traditional metaverse or gaming platform. Instead, it has tried to offer a virtual space where users can interact, create and express themselves using 3D avatars.
“Zepeto thrives by being a versatile space that adapts and grows with our users, enabling them to create their unique worlds,” Lee said.
With a user base exceeding 400 million recently, predominantly from Gen Z and Gen Alpha, Zepeto has also fostered a vibrant creator economy. This ecosystem is bolstered by Zepeto Studio, where users can design, create and sell items such as fashion goods.
The platform's economic model supports its creators lucratively, as illustrated by the successes of Zepeto influencers like Monica Ruiz and Renji, both of whom have achieved significant earnings through item sales on Zepeto.
Naver Z developer relations manager Zepeto Lee Se-hyun said that the creators have sold and earned over 1.6 billion virtual fashion items so far. The platform's virtual currency, gems, enables creators to convert their digital earnings into real money.
Despite a decline in interest in the metaverse according to some sources, South Korean companies remain invested in this domain. Notably, Crafton has partnered with Naver Z, on the Migaloo metaverse project, while Com2uS is developing its all-in-one metaverse service with Naver Z, both set to launch by the end of this year.
Lee Se-hyun emphasized the role of content creation in driving Zepeto's economic ecosystem. "A sustainable metaverse platform thrives by fostering an environment where it can grow through proactive user engagement, content generation and even an economy on its own," she said.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government on Sunday announced it would launch autonomous overnight buses for ...
김정은 북한 국무위원장이 13일 러시아 보스토치니 우주기지에서 블라디미르 푸틴 대통령과 정상회담, 연회 등 일정을 진행한 뒤 다음 방문지를 향해 떠났다고 노동당 기관지 노동신문이 ...
제1 야당 대표 체포동의안 표결은 팽팽한 긴장감 속에서 진행됐다. 21일 오후 국회 본회의장에 들어선 더불어민주당 의원들은 서로의 마음을 확인하려는 듯 삼삼오오 모여 이야기를 나눴 ...
- Enhypen's new album to be led by 'Sweet Venom'
- 尹대통령 “군장병 확고한 국가관·대적관 안보대세 가져야”
- Le Sserafim lands on UK, US charts with 'Perfect Night'
- 'Oh, Jejudo' by Hyun Ki
- Visa applications open for additional 12,900 foreign workers
- Yoon regards illegal stock short selling serious 'malady': presidential office
- Daewoong aims to reshape obesity market with patch
- Mayplace Hotel marks ninth anniversary with room promotions
- Election calculus dominates debate on Seoul expansion plan
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- Half of Loona restarts as quintet Loossemble
- [Today’s K
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data